Travel enthusiast and Life Coach Jennifer Buchholz will be your guide on your own personal journey o….
#1 best-selling guide to South America *
Lonely Planet South America on a Shoestring is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to skip, what hidden discoveries await you, and how to optimize your budget for an extended continental trip. Drift between river towns in the Amazon, shake it in Rio de Janeiro or hustle for traditional crafts in Ecuador all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of South America and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s South America on a Shoestring Travel Guide:
- Color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips – hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Budget-oriented recommendations with honest reviews – eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience – history, lifestyle, arts, religion, outdoor activities, cuisine, sports, environment, politics
- Over 170 maps
- Covers Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, French Guiana, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalise your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations’ websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet South America on a Shoestring is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less traveled.
- Looking for just a few of the destinations included in this guide? Check out Lonely Planet Argentina, Brazil or Chile & Easter Island, our most comprehensive guides that cover South America’s top sights and offbeat experiences.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Regis St Louis, Sandra Bao, Celeste Brash, Gregor Clark, Alex Egerton, Brian Kluepfel, Tom Masters, Carolyn McCarthy, Kevin Raub, Paul Smith, Phillip Tang, Lucas Vidgen
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world’s leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travelers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
*Best-selling guide to South America. Source: Nielsen BookScan. Australia, UK and USA.
***LIMITED TIME PROMOTIONAL PRICE***
Travel professional Derik Van Diest knows just how hard travel planning can be. He has partnered up with like-minded travel professionals in order to outline the most important aspects of preparing for a successful travel experience.
Millions of people are currently planning for their next big trip without using valuable resources like the ones found in this book. Within this book, you will find great tips and tricks for traveling that you were probably not aware of before. This book can also be a great review tool for the professional adventurers.
Plan your next adventure properly with:
Proper trip planning, and the must have resources for a detailed travel plan!
Guidelines for the proper trip mentality and mistakes to avoid.
Tips for budgeting according to your travel destination.
Packing the essentials with resources and revolutionary new ideas.
Entertaining memoirs from the pros.
With Travel Tips and Memoirs, you’ll take the first crucial step in preparing for your next big adventure!